Resume of Tommy Stanton:
Computer programmer, UCLA Graduate
City of residence: Nashville, TN
- Four years of experience programming in Perl
- Three years of experience writing automated testing software and library documentation
- Facilitated lead-oriented sales teams via software solutions
- Six years of GNU/Linux usage, including personal server administration (tommystanton.com)
- Proficient in the command-line interface
Informatics Corporation of America (ICA), Nashville, TN (2011 - present)
- ICA offers a software platform used to process, display, and manage electronic medical records.
- Maintained Integration toolchain of Perl-powered getopt command-line programs, used for workflow and analysis.
- Automated software installation and configuration of development virtual machines via shell scripting.
- Configured an outgoing feed for the immunization registry of the state of Kansas, transmitted via SSL-encrypted HTTP POST.
- Integration Developer
ValueClick Media, Westlake Village, CA (2010 - 2011)
- ValueClick Media is an ad-serving intermediary between online advertisers and publishers.
- Designed and coded Catalyst-powered reporting tools used by employees responsible for advertiser accounts.
- Maintained internal administrative web applications used for optimizing ad campaign performance.
- Introduced team of twelve programmers to test-driven development.
- Software Engineer
TigerLead Solutions, Los Angeles, CA (2009 - 2010)
- TigerLead Solutions provides a lead generation and management system to subscribing real estate agencies.
- Wrote business logic in Perl, used to administer the normalization of dozens of MLS feeds, containing thousands of listings.
- Collaborated with consultant Tim Bunce (author of DBI) in writing DBIx::Class code, then testing with DBIx::Class::Fixtures against a PostgreSQL database.
Bel Air Presbyterian Church, Los Angeles, CA (2008 - 2009)
- Bel Air Presbyterian Church is a multi-million dollar non-profit organization.
IT Support Technician
- Maintained computer infrastructure using Windows Server.
- Kindly assisted staff with computer issues, using SysAid Help Desk software for ticketing.
- IT Support Technician
Bachelor of Arts in Ethnomusicology, University of California at Los Angeles, 2008
Program in Computing (UCLA Mathematics department) courses:
- PIC 10A - Introduction to Programming (C++)
- PIC 10B - Intermediate Programming (C++ data structures and object-oriented programming)
- Program in Computing (UCLA Mathematics department) courses:
- Supporter of Perl Mongers organizations and the Perl community
Bluegrass musician: banjo, guitar, fiddle
- Re-founded, directed, and instructed the UCLA Bluegrass Ensemble, in which undergraduate and graduate students enroll and perform for course credit. The ensemble is vibrant and has brought several freshmen to UCLA's Ethnomusicology department in recent years, solidifying my legacy and contribution to bluegrass music in California.
Served as President of the Delta Kappa Epsilon (DKE) Fraternity at UCLA
- Planned, organized, and executed events for recruitment, along with socials (in collaboration with other Greek organizations). Conducted weekly meetings and ensured that dues were collected.
- GNU/Linux: Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS
- Perl CPAN modules: Moose, DBI, DBIx::Class, Catalyst, DateTime, Mojo::DOM, Dist::Zilla, Test::More, Template, HTML::Mason
- Database: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, Oracle ("OCDB")
- HTTP server: Apache, nginx, REST, FastCGI, CGI
- DNS: BIND, NSD
- Documentation: Pod, Mediawiki
- Version control: Git, GNU patch, Perforce, Subversion (SVN)
- Command-line interface (CLI): GNU Screen, Vim, ack (grep), GNU Emacs, GNU ed
- System administration ("sysadmin"): aptitude, apt-file, dpkg-query, yum, rpm, rpmbuild, sysv-rc-conf, chkconfig, iptables, Stunnel, Spacewalk, QEMU/KVM w/ libvirt, etckeeper, perlbrew, cpanminus, local::lib