Resume of Tommy Stanton:
Computer programmer, UCLA Graduate
City of residence: Los Angeles, CA
- Five years of experience programming in object-oriented Perl
- Four years of experience writing automated testing software and library documentation
- Seven years of GNU/Linux usage, with proficiency in the command-line interface
- Adept in version control using Git
Live Nation Entertainment (LNE), Los Angeles, CA (2013 - present)
- LNE produces and promotes live events (Live Nation Concerts) and distributes tickets (Ticketmaster).
- Assessed web frameworks in Modern Perl (Catalyst, Dancer, Mojolicious, Kelp) and in Node.js (Flatiron, Express) for powering a new web application related to Live Nation Concerts.
- Wrote unit tests in Node.js (Mocha) while developing a new API, thereby avoiding technical debt.
- Gave a tech talk about test-driven development of Node.js web applications at the office.
- Fixed minor bugs in the back end Perl logic used by ticketmaster.com.
- Software Engineer
Informatics Corporation of America (ICA), Nashville, TN (2011 - 2013)
- ICA offers a software platform used to process, display, and manage electronic medical records.
- Automated software installation and configuration of development virtual machines via shell scripting.
- Maintained Integration toolchain of Perl-powered getopt command-line programs, used for workflow and analysis.
- Configured an outgoing feed for the immunization registry of the state of Kansas, transmitted via SSL-encrypted HTTP POST.
- Released WebService::Mirth, a Perl interface to a RESTful API, on the CPAN.
- Integration Developer
ValueClick Media, Westlake Village, CA (2010 - 2011)
- ValueClick Media is an ad-serving intermediary between online advertisers and publishers.
- Maintained internal administrative web applications used for optimizing ad campaign performance.
- Designed and coded reporting tools using Catalyst (a Perl-powered MVC) and REST.
- Introduced Scrum team of twelve programmers to test-driven development.
- Software Engineer
TigerLead Solutions, Los Angeles, CA (2009 - 2010)
- TigerLead Solutions provides a lead generation and management system to subscribing real estate agencies.
- Wrote business logic in Perl, used to administer the normalization of dozens of MLS feeds, containing thousands of listings.
- Collaborated with consultant Tim Bunce (author of DBI) in writing DBIx::Class (a Perl-powered ORM) code, then testing with DBIx::Class::Fixtures against a PostgreSQL database.
Bel Air Presbyterian Church, Los Angeles, CA (2008 - 2009)
- Bel Air Presbyterian Church is a multi-million dollar non-profit organization.
IT Support Technician
- Maintained computer infrastructure using Windows Server.
- Kindly assisted staff with computer issues, using SysAid Help Desk software for ticketing.
- IT Support Technician
Bachelor of Arts in Ethnomusicology, University of California at Los Angeles, 2008
Program in Computing (UCLA Mathematics department) courses:
- PIC 10A - Introduction to Programming (C++)
- PIC 10B - Intermediate Programming (C++ data structures and object-oriented programming)
- Program in Computing (UCLA Mathematics department) courses:
- Hosts a technical blog that is powered by Catalyst (Galuga), FastCGI, and nginx on Debian GNU/Linux
- Contributor to Perl Mongers (user groups for Perl programming) in Thousand Oaks and Los Angeles
Bluegrass musician: banjo, guitar, fiddle
- Re-founded, directed, and instructed the UCLA Bluegrass Ensemble, in which undergraduate and graduate students enroll and perform for course credit. The ensemble is vibrant and has brought several freshmen to UCLA's Ethnomusicology department in recent years, solidifying my legacy and contribution to bluegrass music in California.
Served as President of the Delta Kappa Epsilon (DKE) Fraternity at UCLA
- Planned, organized, and executed events for recruitment, along with socials (in collaboration with other Greek organizations). Conducted weekly meetings and ensured that dues were collected.
- GNU/Linux: Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS
- Perl modules: Moose, DBI, DBIx::Class, Catalyst, DateTime, Mojo::DOM, Dist::Zilla, Test::More, Template, HTML::Mason
- Node.js modules: Express, Mocha, Chai, SuperAgent
- Database: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, Oracle ("OCDB")
- HTTP server: Apache, nginx, REST, FastCGI, CGI
- DNS: BIND, NSD
- Documentation: Pod, Mediawiki, Markdown, PlantUML
- Version control: Git, GNU patch, Perforce, Subversion (SVN)
- Command-line interface (CLI): GNU Screen, Vim, ack (grep), GNU Emacs, GNU ed, Jshon
- System administration ("sysadmin"): aptitude, apt-file, dpkg-query, yum, rpm, rpmbuild, sysv-rc-conf, chkconfig, iptables, Stunnel, Spacewalk, QEMU/KVM w/ libvirt, etckeeper, perlbrew, cpanminus, local::lib